BB Pages

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

The Suit.

Hello friends! Happy Tuesday!!!

As I talked about it last time… the wedding dress matters. A lot……..

But you know what, so does the suit.

I think there is a slight unfair balance in the world of every day fashion. Women are focused on and catered to and sold all sorts of fashion goodness. Even on the wedding day… there are the shoes, the jewelry, the hair accessories, and the makeup. Women go all out. Sometimes the groom can get lost in the process.

Yes, it is the truth they are a bit simpler to dress. But I think that simplicity means every detail should count. And I mean every detail.

(FYI - I’m focusing on the suit, though these rules certainly apply to the tux as well)

I don’t have a lot of faith our readership is largely (or even partially) male, so ladies here are my mantras for you to share with your grooms, brothers, fathers, and (cousins??) …..

1.       Make sure your man has a WELL CUT SUIT. It makes all the difference in the world. You can tell a difference in how the suit fits, even slightly. Find a tailor you trust and use them!
2.       I preach it all the time to my own groom. SPLURGE. Men have the freedom in fashion that women don’t. Their clothes rarely go out of style. A suit of good quality could last you years, if not the majority of your life. So spend more, it’s worth it. Especially on your wedding day.
3.       It’s all about the COLOR baby. Pay close attention to the color of your suit. You want to make sure it’s a color that goes with many different ties and undershirts. (And of course matches the brides theme)
4.       This should be an obvious but I must state it anyways. IRON. For the best quality menswear this won’t apply bc your dry cleaner will handle it. But the mantra rings true. A wrinkled suit looks less polished. Don’t let it happen!

I guess the lesson is that it doesn’t take a lot to make our men look good……... Must be nice ;)

How a Suit should fit - Via my Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment